Saturday, December 23, 2006

HOOPS

GYM CLASS IN THE NEW GYM

PAY ATTENTION

QUIT LOOKING AT THE HOOPS





6 comments:

Nat said...

HI CHARLIE!

YOU ARE DOING GREAT WORK! I LIKE

YOUR BLOG.

KC's Blog said...

Hi Charlie!

How are you doing today? I love that you are blogging! You are doing a great job! I will stop by and visit your blog o.k.? Have a good Christmas Charlie!

JUST A MOM said...

Hi Charlie, I will like come and read your blog. I hope you have a great Christmas. You type very well.

Mom said...

I read all of the comments to Charlie. He was not sure what to make of them, but he did enjoy writing. I know that he will be writing more.

He has been very upset lately about a transition to a newer, larger gymnasium that has a lot of sensory issues. I can see that in his every day monologue that he goes through. I also saw today from his writing that either his teacher or his TSS are frequently redirecting him away from the basketball hoops, which are his favorite thing in the world. This is apparently on his mind a lot.

Anonymous said...

Awe, poor Charlie. For anyone who thinks he's not listening or paying attention to what they tell him to do (like "pay attention and stop looking at the hoops") you can point out to them that he does listen, did hear, and does remember what he's told. He may not always be able to do what they ask, but it's certainly not because he didn't hear them.

PS: I read your and Charlie's blog for the first time yesterday.

Mom said...

Kate, I agree and it bugs me that when we have struggled so hard to get Charlie to the point where he is somewhat comfortable in a gymnasium that is terribly uncomfortable for someone with sensory issues (lights, excessive heat, echoes, whispery winds) and that they are trying to get him to quit doing the one thing he loves, oogling the basketball hoops. Why in the heck don't they give him a ball and let him have at it? He is awesome at BBall, even though he is only 50 inches tall!