Monday, December 20, 2010

Charlie Skis.

Sorry, it's not Charlie writing today, but I will ask him to write soon, it's been hectic here. Today was Charlie's second time on skis. This time we came prepared with a ski harness, which looks like a toddler leash. It has crossed straps which go across his chest and reins in the back that his Dad held to keep him from going out of control.

At first Charlie went very slow and Chuck kept the reins very tight and close to him. Then, as Charlie made more runs on the bunny hill, Chuck was able to loosen the reins until Charlie was controlling his own speed by snowplowing.

I made a social story about skiing, which shows him that the snowplow maneuver looks like a large wedge of pizza and to go faster, your skis look like two french fries. He had fun. We went for an hour and then packed the kids up and went home. Hopefully we will go again on Thursday.

I never thought he would be able to ski.

The idea of him on the lift scares me to death though.

No comments: